Flatiron Hall Exterior

About Flatiron Hall

Inspired by the Student Art League of New York Flatiron Hall is located in New York City’s Flatiron District featuring a Victorian style 25ft. bar from the Commodore Hotel in downtown Manhattan, from 1870 with antique leaded glass arches. Our menu is designed for lunch, dinner and late night with a bar-friendly variation on classics like Pastrami Reuben Spring Rolls, Sashimi Tacos and Chicken Tikka Masala Wontons with a wide selection of salads, sandwiches and entrees. There are 12 special beers on tap at all times. Most of Flatiron’s special cocktails are derived from a bartending manual of a local bartender’s great uncle.


Inspired by the Student Art League of New York

• The Art League is 130 years old
• Located on sih St. and Broadway beginning in 1875
• Funded by George Vanderbilt
• Some instructors, lecturers and students:
o Thomas Hart Benton
o Norman Rockwell
o Man Ray
o Jackson Pollack
o Roy Lichtenstein
o Among many others

Flatiron Hall Main Bar


• Series of elevator doors from the late 1800’s.

• Elevator doors were converted to Dutch doors

Flatiron Hall – Facade


• Victorian style 25ft. bar on the entry level from the Commodore Hotel in downtown

Manhattan, from 1870 with antique leaded glass arches. It was transported to Yonkers

in the 1930’s.

• The beer cellar has a 12ft. bar with milled beer barrels into both the bar and back bar.

It was taken from a speakeasy in New Rochelle dating from the late 1920’s.

• All the light fixtures were made from 1860-1930

The pendant light fixtures that surround the dining room were salvaged from St.

Joseph’s Cathedral in Springfield, NJ. The sconces were from the Masonic Temple in the


• Several ofthe chairs date from 1860-1920, including a few Stickley’s.

Flatiron Hall - Main Bar
Flatiron Hall – Victorian Style Bar


• The restaurant is filled with imagery of evolving art and photography.

• The 6′ entry image, Bock Beer, was originally done by Lowenbrau in 19th century Munich

and reproduced here in oil.

• The mural in the Beer Cellar, The Absorption of Baseball, was drawn in 1889 and created

by H.S Crocker and Co. It illustrates 5 steps of a baseball player evolving into a stein of


• Also on display is a treasure trove of pencil sketches shown on napkins and placemats

from Shraffts- a NYC dining institution that was in business from 1915-1970.

• On the stairway down to the Beer Cellar is a series of Harper’s Weekly Journal of

Civilization circa 1877.

• The glass ceramic steins shown from the US and Europe are a small portion of the Hall’s


• The flatiron was originally invented by Mary Potts in 1871 in Iowa. There are dozens of

variations of flatirons displayed including some fueled by coal, kerosene and gasoline.

Flatiron Hall – Beer Cellar Tables